Our chief want in life is somebody
who will make us do what we can.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
What is a Coach?
Coaching is a service in the realm of – but distinct from – counselling and consulting. A professional coach is someone who is trained in the art of question-asking, perceptual and communication skills, and creating a safe and supportive environment that fosters insight, inspiration and empowerment for you. A coach helps you to envision who and what it is that you want to be, do, and have... and assists you in holding yourself accountable to living out your intentions. A coach is a springboard that catapults you into your desired future, enabling you to redirect your thoughts along increasingly positive and powerful paths, freeing you to develop new habits and make new choices that will bring you closer to your goals.
While every person has a different direction, pace, and intention, I believe every individual and team has what is needed to reach their goals within themselves – a fire that is already laid and is just waiting to be lit. My work is to light the spark that unleashes the potential within, and assist you in identifying the tools and support that will get you where you want to go. The metamorphosis between a carefully arranged pile of sticks and a crackling fire is the dynamic I bring to you!
My personal strengths as a coach are creating inspiration, providing clarity, and connecting you to personal empowerment; my potential is realized by partnering with you to identify and unleash your potential. I take special delight in coaching fellow coaches to increase their power and intuition with their clients!
People often seek a coach when...
- They want to find their true self and live from that strength and centredness into the future
- They need help to find and move towards fulfilling their personal and career potential
- They need help restructuring their life after major events have brought significant changes
- They need help figuring out what they really want out of life, and what they want to pour their energy and time into from this point on
- They have tasted success, and want to deepen the meaning of their life
- They are preparing to make an important change in their life – retirement, retraining, career change, sabbatical, leaving a relationship, setting new boundaries with family and friends
- They have worked hard to step out of the past and are poised to leap into a positive new future of their own creation
- They have received feedback at work or from loved ones that has shown them areas in need of growth, and are unsure how best to move forward
We are all faced with a series of great opportunities
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.
– Charles R. Swindoll